Traits approaching mainstream Squeak

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 19:56:39 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse writes:
 > Hi bryce
 >
 > How would you see the integration of your work with the rest?
 > Especially the VM maker guys.

The first step will be making Exupery useful for a small group of
people. Until then, the risk of needing more VM changes is too
great. The standard VM's are not the place to experiment in. Once
we're confident that the VM isn't going to need further changes to
make Exupery useful then merging will make sense. I'm not there yet.

I've got a VMMaker package in SqueakSource, those changes will need to
be merged in. Also I'll need to figure out a better division between
the plugin and the VM modifications. But merging into the VM should
really wait until Exupery is a little more stable. Exupery itself is
just a single Monticello package, that could stay on SqueakMap.

Bryce