brainstorm: "wikimap"

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sun Sep 4 01:52:26 UTC 2005

I was thinking about the sokoban game in squeak. While it's adictive as
hell, the version on Squeakmap is slow in a few places and has a few
bugs. I had fixed these problems but later lost the image...

Squeakmap is generally wonderful, however, if a maintainer goes awol,
the bits rot.

Then I considered the Wiki. -- someone publishes something and then
other people edit it.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a changeset wiki where people can
fork projects, synchronize forks, and comment on the varrious versions.

The upside is that for something like the VMMaker, someone like me can
publish a private version of it. I could start working with an older
version then as the trunk stabalizes, I can use the software to
synchronize my fork with whatever noteworthy changes were made to the
trunk...

I'll look into this as time permits.

--
Friends don't let friends use GCC 3.4.4
GCC 3.3.6 produces code that's twice as fast on x86!

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/