The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

Victor Rodriguez victor.palique at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:05:44 UTC 2005

Hello,

2005/9/3, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch>:
> But we are working. Read the 3.9 roadmap and you will see where
> squeak is moving for
> at least the next 6 months: we will have a better squeak for all
> kinds of reasons.

Yes, I have seen it now.  I have also noted that you are one of the
most active persons in Squeak, getting things done for it. (BTW, I
have enjoyed your website and papers, but specially the free books.
I'd like to express my most heartfelt THANKS for them!)

[snip]

> Now just start and ask if you can help.

Yes, I should help. I did have in mind to mention in my email that the
new website should have a good 'get involved' section, that makes it
easy for people to do something at various levels.

For me an obvious choice is the wiki, since it is probably the easiest
way to do something. However, with what I have learnt this past days
with these discussions I find that I'm attracted to the ToolBuilder
project. (I have been trying to learn the MVC framework, and I'm
bothered that some things do not work inside a MVC project, like the
refactoring browser for which I have been keeping a morphic world
open).

So, how can I help the ToolBuilders?

Best Regards,

Victor Rodriguez.