SmallWiki image (was Re: The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self))

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 5 11:48:26 UTC 2005

On 5 sept. 05, at 11:55, goran at krampe.se wrote:

> Hi Lukas, Jason and all!
>
> Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As I (and others) already mentioned several times:
>>
>> 1. SmallWiki 1 has been written in VisualWorks and we have several
>> servers running for years without any problems.
>>

> Right, didn't want to imply that there is a general issue with
> SmallWiki, sorry if it sounded like that.

It was!

> I just want us to get this
> resolved ASAP, it is getting silly.
>

>> 2. We have a SmallWiki 1 image in Squeak that runs www.seaside.st for
>> several months without any problems. If you like, I can give you this
>> image.
>>

> Aha, that sounds interesting. Great! Perfect! :)

I already proposed that!!!

>> 3. If somebody could give a propre bug-report (maybe a stack-
>> dump), we
>> could fix the problem in the squeak port.
>>

> I am thus forwarding this to Jason because I presume he knows the
> details.

He contacted lukas I guess.

> PS. Jason - Michael just posted an ANN about a SmallWiki filebackend
> thingy, might want to look into that too.

I think that jason should get rid of the image (he inherited) I'm
really sorry for him.
Because we **never** got problems on VW over the two last years and I
loaded shity code in the image
(and lukas add to clean that and still SW was working).

Stef