The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Sep 5 12:42:27 UTC 2005

Hi guys!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > That work is moving forward on its own mailinglist - with a Team
> > leader
> > too. Sure, it has been way to long in the making - but I blame
> > SmallWiki. In fact, I am starting to seriously considering
> > suggesting to
> > move to something else.
>
> Goran this is already some months that I proposed to the web team:
>      - that they get a real SmallWiki version (since WE THE SMALLWIKI
> PEOPLE
>      NEVER TRIED IT ON SQUEAK AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OF THE PORT)
>      such as the one use for www.seaside.st and which works well.

Ok, I missed that - I had no idea that there was another official Squeak
version of SmallWiki available that we aren't using.

>      - or that we install a VW version of SmallWiki.
>      Our server at berne serves SmallWiki for two years and half
> ***Without*** interruption.
>
>      - I proposed to jason to host the Squeak web site on the server
> here.
>

> Stef

If we can just move to another image - then the issue seems moot. I
presume Jason will make that move and then we can put this behind us. I
wrote what I wrote because I was getting annoyed over us still fighting
these basic issues instead of putting our effort into creating content.

regards, Göran