Question about Monticello in 3.9a-6686

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 01:58:33 UTC 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 6:51 PM, jmvsqueak wrote:
> In the "old" 3.9, I loaded Monticello from SqueakMap and the
> package list had a tree structure that showed the prerequisites of
> each package. In a fresh 3.9a-6686, the package list in Monticello
> doesn't offer a way to see the required packages for a package. Is
> this a bug? I'm I missing something?
This is because 3.9a includes ToolBuilder (which provides an
abstraction over Morphic, MVC, Tweak, etc), and so Monticello is
using that rather than the Morphic-specific UI you're used to.
However, Monticello's ToolBuilder support is incomplete, and widgets
that should be trees display as lists.  So the end result is that
Monticello in 3.9a has a somewhat crippled UI compared to previous
versions.

You can get it to use the old Morphic UI by commenting out the second
line of MCTool>>show, like so:

show
     modal _ false.
     "Smalltalk at: #ToolBuilder ifPresent: [:tb | tb open: self. ^
self]."
     ^self window openInWorldExtent: self defaultExtent; yourself

HTH,
Avi