About deprecation

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at univ-savoie.fr
Tue Sep 6 06:22:22 UTC 2005

hi all

With deprecation there is always the question about when to remove
(if any) the deprecated
methods. To help to manage deprecated methods, I created a package
containing all the 3.8 deprecated methods.
Now they are all managed in a MC package called 38Deprecated.

I will publish it in 3.9alpha soon and on squeakMap so that
we do not have to worry about removing the deprecated methods
in each version. We should simply tag them for each version and
publish the package.

I created a new package 39Deprecated
so if you deprecate a method in 39alpha please putting it into the
category *39Deprecated.

Stef