MVC killed?

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh.kathe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:10:12 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm returning to Squeak after a long time.

I was show a demo using the 3.6.5429 image, vm and sources.

The Morphic demo went well, people were impressed.
I then proceeded to show them the MVC framework.
I started a new MVC Project.
To start with I opened up a browser window, a workspace window and a
transcript window.
In the workspace, I typed in:
Transcript show: 'hello world'.
I hit 'Alt D', but nothing showed up in the Transcript window, instead
I got the debugger running with the following title:
MessageNotInderstood: UndefinedObject>>show:

I ended up with a foot in my mouth, I quiety explained that the
version I was demoing might have changed the way things worked in
Squeak and proceeded back to demoing Morphic.
Later, I came back to the MVC project, tinkered around for a while,
then blue clicked for the menu, and selected "save and quit", bummer
again.
This time the debugger came up with a title:
MessageNotUnderstood: Undefined Object>>cr

I remember the last time I was around, there was talk about retiring
MVC totally in favour of Morphic, has that finally happened?
If yes, thats really sad.

~Mayuresh