The leaders (was Re: Smalltalk and Self)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Sep 6 19:08:23 UTC 2005

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:24:42 +0200, "Michael Rueger" <michael at impara.de>
said:
> Doug Way wrote:
>
> > The original 1998/1999/2000 information from squeak.org is still
> > available on the "Future of Squeak" page on the swiki.
>
> We should still keep it on the squeak.org site under "history" or
> something :-) These things get too easily lost (overlooked) in the
> (somewhat) unorganized mesh of links on the swiki IMHO.
>
> But kudos for moving so quickly and decisively!

Thanks Michael.

I kept the original 1998/1999/2000 html pages on the squeak.org server,
and they are linked from the swiki page (under a similar "History"
section), so they're not lost (yet :) ).  But I agree that things can be
lost more easily in the swiki, so I can add a little history section on
the old squeak.org page.  As long as it's clear that it's "history", it
shouldn't be misleading/harmful.

- Doug