Getting Seaside image for all

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:14:45 UTC 2005

SmartRefStream is slow for production use, but it works perfectly to
do a one time transfer like this.

PS: I am just preparing the www.seaside.st image, instructions where
to get it will follow soon.

Sounds great. There is not that many pages on the new site so doing it
manually would only take a few hours.

The image we are using for www.seaside.st is now available at:

    http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/sw1/www.seaside.st.zip

There are a couple of things to notice:

1. We were using an old version of SmallWiki 1 and we did some changes
that you can see in the open changes-browser.

2. The wiki is running on port 8080, so you should be able to browse
it on your local machine at http://localhost:8080, the admin
username/password is admin/smallwiki.

3. We added a snapshot action so that editors are able to save the
image immediately after changing the model. There seems to be problems
with the class Delay in Squeak, on wich the storage is heavily relying
on, so it is a good idea to use the action to save it manually.

4. The model of www.seaside.st is still in the image, but I pruned the
version history to shrink it. To start from scratch, you just stop the
server, close the server-workspace and setup a new one according to
lines in the smallwiki-workspace.

5. We run this image within a VNC session (NOT the VNC integrated into
Squeak itself) to have full control, and it runs without any problems
since the start of www.seaside.st.

Hope this is of any use for you,
Lukas