Squeak related videos on video.google.com

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 8 07:52:16 UTC 2005

Am 07.09.2005 um 23:31 schrieb Jecel Assumpcao Jr:

> Thanks Andres and Marcus. I have updated
> http://www.smalltalk.org.br/movies/ to point to all of these. Given
> that
> the old MURL (Microsoft University Research Labs) pages have gone away
> this was perfect timing.

And the Andres recoded all the videos as DIVX, much better than the
format
that the MURL site used.

> Only Dan Ingalls' "Seven (give or take)
> Smalltalk Implementations" talk at Stanford has been left behind in
> this
> migration and it would be great if someone could host that movie
> somewhere.

Yes, I just fogot to upload this in the first run. It's now there and
will be available
soon.

> Two of the movies are already at Archive.Org and it might be
> a good idea to place more there. Google Video reserves the right to
> charge for playing even movies that have been explicitly marked as
> "free" if they feel that movie is consuming too many resources.

It would be nice to have all the videos for download somewhere else.
For now, we will soon have a data-DVD with everything via swiftCD, so
people an get all the videos for around $14.

    Marcus