Hint: If your Win32 Squeak behaves slow, check your antivirus!

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Sep 8 08:18:36 UTC 2005

Hi fellow mouseteers!

Last night I spent quite some time wondering why some menues (those
calling CompiledMethod>>timeStamp) took about 4 seconds to pop up etc.
Using annotations in browsers (showing method timestamp) was unbearable.

Eventually I tracked it down to the opening of the .changes/.sources
files as readonly. But why would a file open prim take 3 secs? Hehe,
well, my NOD32 antivirus program was checking files being opened!

In NOD32 you can create exceptions based on extension etc, so that made
it go away.

regards, Göran