Squeakland question

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Sep 8 12:48:22 UTC 2005

Am 08.09.2005 um 09:13 schrieb Blake:

> I think--can't recall for sure--that I can't post to the Squeakland
> list. (I just tried and the message never appeared, and I recall
> having this problem before.)

The Squeakland list is hand-moderated, so it might take a day to show
up. It's a (admittedly drastic) safety measure against spam / worms /
virii etc. for the recipients of that list, who are mostly not
developers.

> So, here's a question I'm sure someone here can answer:
>
>     -> I just downloaded the Squeakland plug-in. I've downloaded it
> before, but I can't find the image now, nor any instruction on
> where to get it.

Which platform are you on? Everything should be included in the
downloads from squeakland.org - the VM, the plugin, the image.

>     -> Also, are there any limitations on what the plug-in can do?
> Is it a full-blown VM?

It's a full blown VM (plus the new Locale and Kedama plugins), it's a
3.8 image (although there have already been updates in the meantime),
it should differ only in the packages that are installed (like
Kedama, Connectors, etc) and some preferences to make the environment
kids-friendly.

- Bert -