Squeakland question

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Sep 8 19:51:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:48:22 -0700, Bert Freudenberg <bert at impara.de>
wrote:

> The Squeakland list is hand-moderated, so it might take a day to show
> up. It's a (admittedly drastic) safety measure against spam / worms /
> virii etc. for the recipients of that list, who are mostly not
> developers.

Ah. Well, I don't believe I've EVER passed muster.<s> (Yesterday's message
still not there.)

>> So, here's a question I'm sure someone here can answer:
>>
>>     -> I just downloaded the Squeakland plug-in. I've downloaded it
>> before, but I can't find the image now, nor any instruction on where to
>> get it.
>
> Which platform are you on? Everything should be included in the
> downloads from squeakland.org - the VM, the plugin, the image.

It's 936KB! The image can't be in there, can' it?<s> I don't see any
indication that it's being downloaded.

The image is the problem: It's 0K.

> It's a full blown VM (plus the new Locale and Kedama plugins), it's a
> 3.8 image (although there have already been updates in the meantime), it
> should differ only in the packages that are installed (like Kedama,
> Connectors, etc) and some preferences to make the environment
> kids-friendly.

Cool. That's what I thought.

I understand Microsoft is working "rich browser experiences"... ;-)