Miscellaneous questions...

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Sep 9 02:03:22 UTC 2005

Just a few things to throw out here:

-> Still wondering about the Squeakland image; the download is less than
1MB, so obviously it's not in there (right?).

-> When you're developing classes and testing stuff out, do you expose all
the instance variables? And then later, remove the accessors you don't
want the user to have? I notice that to test/debug it's often easiest to
have access to everything from the Workspace, but really don't want that
to be exposed to clients of the class.

-> If you were creating a deck (of cards) class and a card class, would
you put the card's rank and suit in as strings or as symbols, keeping in
mind that you were later going to reveal the class to students for
educational purposes? I know I want the deck to be card neutral, i.e., to
be usable for a deck of any sort of cards, but the cards themselves (for
standard decks), for convenience, are described as being (rank) "King" and
(suit) "Hearts". But perhaps that should be #king and #hearts. (I tend to
worry about making global symbols: seems like courting trouble.)

Nothing real urgent, just stuff that has occurred to me.