Miscellaneous questions...

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Fri Sep 9 17:58:25 UTC 2005

> why don't you publish it on squeaksource and squeakmap.
> I looked at the code and it sounds good.

I'm not comfortable with that yet, especially since it's not fully
functional yet, and got put on the back burner for more pressing things.
It's going to be an Ajax style Seaside app, but mostly it was to force
me to learn Seaside, but maybe when I finish it, I'll publish it.

> > !TPHand class methodsFor: 'instance creation' stamp: 'RJL 7/3/2005
> > 14:09'!
> > newGame: aGame
> >     ^self basicNew
> >         initialize;
> >         game: aGame;
> >         yourself.! !
> >

> I would write
>

> > !TPHand class methodsFor: 'instance creation' stamp: 'RJL 7/3/2005
> > 14:09'!
> > newGame: aGame
> >     ^self new
> >         game: aGame;
> >         yourself.! !
>
> stef

I was wondering about that, I don't recall exactly where I picked up
that habit, but I recall reading somewhere about using basicNew instead
of new, though I don't recall why.  If that's wrong, thanks, excellent
tip, I was tired of typing initialize all the time anyway.