Miscellaneous questions...

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Fri Sep 9 21:02:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:05:58 -0700, stéphane ducasse
<ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Basically you use basicNew when you change new to raise an error.

Is that "when you change new, in order to discvoer errors" or "when you
change new so that new will signal errors"?

I've been creating "new" methods for my classes, but I get dire warnings
every time I do it, not to mention when I delete a new method.

> By the way new since 3.7 invokes automatically initialize.

Ah. So, one really just needs to override the initialize method?