FastSocketStream (was: FTP ConnectionTimedOut on 3.9)

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:42:58 UTC 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 2:34 PM, goran at krampe.se wrote:

> I should possibly have checked if there was a newer Network version -
> but I don't really know how to do that (I mean, I can see there are
> numerous newer versions of various packages - but how do I know which
> configuration I should use?).

I don't think we want to enforce a process where people always have
to commit changes based on the latest version - the whole point of
MC's merge semantics is that, unlike CVS & co, you don't need to do
that.  I think being as optimistic as possible about concurrent
changes will go much more smoothly overall.

But it does require that people use Merge instead of Load.

Avi