New edition of LookEnhancements

John Pierce john at pierce.name
Sun Sep 11 03:53:02 UTC 2005

I have several thoughts:

1. Contrary to popular opinion, I happen to like the varied colors of the
Squeak windows. They have grown on me over the years and are a pleasant
departure from the drab blue or gray colors of *every* window in most other
platforms. I think it even helps me locate my code editor without having to
read titlebar text. I just look for the green window and away I go.

2. I think colors of windows should probably not be hard-coded but more
preference oriented as suggested. That would allow things like InvertBrite
to be just a favorite array of color preferences.

3. I don't seem to have the same reaction to windows with white backgrounds
in low ambient settings, so InvertBright doesn't become very useful to me.
This is just my own preference as other's may experience sensitivities to
bright backgrounds in low ambient settings. It just doesn't seem to bother
me so I have not bothered to comment on InvertBrite -- although I see how it
could be useful to some.

Regards,

John

--
It's easy to have a complicated idea. It's very very hard to have a simple
idea. -- Carver Mead