[ANN] Squeak Foundation

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Sep 11 10:08:13 UTC 2005

> This is cool. Let me know what I can do. You can email me directly.

I will :)

> Did I miss it, or was there a link that describes the
> organizational structure?

Yes there is the core: the guys doing something me marcus, noury,
goran...
We will consolidate that in the future.
Then they are the wise that the core can consult on big decisions
(but I'm not sure they care).

> Is it a registered non-profit organization?

ESUG www.esug.org is a french non-profit 1901 organization. I'm
president of ESUG and noury the treasurer.
ESUG organizes the Smalltalk Conference and all kind of actions to
promote Smalltalk (books sent in universities,
support people to go to conference, sponsored Squeak.de, sponsored
SqueakFoundation).

We wnated to stop the endless discussions about where and what to do,
especially since nobody wanted to do anything.
So noury proposed us to host SqueakFoundation under ESUG umbrella for
now and if this is a success we will create a separate
organization with an autonomous status.

> Which country is the foundation registered in?
France but we have one belgium in the core (roel wuyts) and several
people of other countries in the board.

> Where does my money go?

The ESUG account but with a clear label for the SqueakFoundation, we
will make the bookkeeping crystal clear.

> My first impression is that the legal descriptions should be
> available on the website before a "donate" button is active. (I'm
> sure you've thought about it and haven't gotten around to it.)  I'd
> like to pass the word about the foundation and promote it but I
> don't feel right asking people to donate if they can't find
> information about the organization. Again, I'm probably jumping the
> gun here.

Thanks.
Ok I will ask noury where are the legal data.

> otherwise... cool...

Thanks
We really want to make Squeak moves.