Using name instead of initials

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 12 16:22:38 UTC 2005

Am 12.09.2005 um 16:12 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:

>> I *don't* agree - just use SM instead! The initials are ensured to be
>> unique on SM and looking up a name is trivial - just add some code to
>> the tools that do this:
>>
>>     (SMSqueakMap default accountForUsername: 'gk') name
>>
>>     (SMSqueakMap default accountForUsername: 'gk') email
>>
>> ...and you get the email too.
>>

> +1

There's an implementation of a browser addon for this:

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=1690

0001690: [ENH] Giving information on method author (name,url,email...)
Description
Add in the method menu of the browser the possibility to have more
info on the author : email, complete name, url, description... if such
informations are available on SqueakMap. So SqueakMap is a
prerequisite. Try it by open a method menu then more... then info on
author.]