A post about SqueakL

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 20:19:32 UTC 2005

On 9/12/05, Darius <squeakuser at inglang.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I enjoyed listening to your talk about a month ago:
>
> Tom Hoffman and Tim Lauer, ETech 2005 --  Remixing Wikis with Rendezvous, Web
> Services and SchoolTool
> http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail467.html

Cool!  That is from the last O'Reily Emerging Technology conference.
I hope it was reasonably coherent.  We tried to cram a lot into that
15 minute time slot.

> Have you seen the Squeakers DVD? (I'm guessing that's why you're here? :P )

Actually I saw Alan give a talk at an earlier instance of the ETech
conference.  It made a huge impression on me, although I'm still more
of a Pythonista than a Squeaker.

> I heard that Alan had two code bases at Disney, agreed upon when he hired on.
> One was Disney's, one was Alan's. Today's Squeak only has Alan's code. I don't
> think Disney is an issue.

I guess getting a clarification on that point is important.

--Tom