Using name instead of initials

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Sep 13 10:08:31 UTC 2005

goran at krampe.se wrote:
> Ehm, well, we already have one :) do "inspect it" on:
> 	SMSqueakMap accountForUsername: 'tonyg'

That looks almost ideal, except that it bundles up a notion of identity
with a bunch of SqueakMap-specific stuff (eg. fields 'objects',
'coObjects', 'map').

We should make something like SMAccount the thing that's attached to
changes in the system, instead of a string. Using a string seems really
old-fashioned and un-object-oriented - it's at the root of the current
discussion.

Maybe SMAccount could be split into two classes: a separate developer-ID
object (which could live in the kernel since it'd not have a dependency
on SqueakMap) and the remnants of SMAccount that would reference the new
developer-ID object...

Tony
--
  [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
    [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
  []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net