[REPORT] Summer ends

j thej at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 14 05:09:49 UTC 2005

On 13-Sep-05, at 1:39 AM, goran at krampe.se wrote:

Goran, I would like to suggest an addition to your reports.
This addition would be a summary page of the projects that the
coordinators are coordinating and a brief paragraph of the current
state / progress of the project on the main Squeak web page

1) It a summary: viewable in a single page, thus easily digestible
(project status info could/should be linked to a different page)
2) Has a "Last Updated" date on the page AND beside every project
name to show the world that Squeak in growing TODAY
3) It's visible to all visitors of the main Squeak web page
4) Improves visibility of the most high profile (most needed, most
worked on, most interesting to the public) changes/projects in Squeak
5) Gives visibility of what the Coordinators are coordinating

As well, may this be a vote for having the Coordinator become part of
the Squeak Foundation. My reasoning is visibility. For the outside
world (and fellow Sqeakers!) to see a unified, coherent  entity
(project coordination being part of the Squeak Foundation) shows
strength in our community. This image alone can help Squeak grow.

Jason