Test VMMaker branch for 38b4 on SVN server

Tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Sep 15 00:48:28 UTC 2005

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:

> Ok, I'm sure I'm doing something fundamentally wrong.
> Here is what I have
>
> Squeak3.8.6665full.image
> VMMaker 3.8b4
>   Path to platforms code:
/home/bfuller/projects/squeak/branches/VMM38b4
>   Platform name: unix
>   Path to generated sources:
/home/bfuller/projects/squeak/branches/src32

> In VMMaker I have all external plugins and no internal.
>
> 1. <Generate All>
> (from a previous email thread I read I do):
> 2. cd bld;
> 3. ../config/configure --with-src=src32
> 4. cd ..
> 5. make

I _think_ that you must have a later-than-1100 revision of the SVN
output since I'm fairly sure that Ian didn't start using the 'src32'
(and 'src64') until after the 64bit clean project started. VMM38b4 is
for the SVN state immediately before that. Did you checkout the test
branch ok? At least one person has successfully built from it so I have
some hope that I got it right.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, tim at rowledge.org, http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Software is best understood as a branch of movie making.  - Ted Nelson