Parsing Numbers

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at lazarevic.de
Sat Sep 17 22:24:32 UTC 2005

stéphane ducasse schrieb:
> I would prefer that we follow the standard Smalltalk way of doing  that and

I don't know if there is that standard Smalltalk way in this case, but
my vote would go on removing d and q as exponent characters and just
keeping e. In addition there could be a new
AmbiguousNumericLiteralWarning that could be raised whenever a numerical
literal is parsed that has base>14 and contains an e character. The
default action could be to get a reassurance that the number with
exponent is what is wanted. Maybe too much ado though.

Alex