Publishing on Monticello

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:56:01 UTC 2005

On Sep 18, 2005, at 2:24 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> Avi
>
> could we go over all the bubbles and buttons are rethink their
> messages.
> I'm a poor skilled user interface user (let's a great naive kid
> regarding how user interface talk to me).
> So I could help rephrasing them. I propose that to bert. It would
> help me a lot to have bubble text that
> is really precise.
> I guess that the text make a lot of sense right now when you do not
> need it anymore :) but
> as a reinforcement of something you are learning or you forgot they
> are weak.
>
> So have you an idea how we can proceed.
> Do you want me to go over then and propose text?

Sure.  Daniel's currently tweaking MC's merge behavior to be more
like what Bert's MCConfigurations do, to make it a better default
choice: if the local version is an unmodified ancestor or descendant
of the version you're merging in, then there's no need to treat it as
anything but a load.  Given that, I would suggest changing the names
for the two operations to "Revert" and "Upgrade", which are hopefully
more self-explanatory.

Avi