Parsing Numbers

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Sep 20 20:35:23 UTC 2005

Hi all!

"Leandro Caniglia" <caniglia at dm.uba.ar> wrote:
> As a mathematician (I have a PhD in Mathematics) it didn't took me 20 years
> either to think that Smalltalk precedence is by far much better than
> conventional math precedence. The simplicity and elegance of the uniform
> metaphor became apparent from the very  beginning.

Yes, the simple rules is IMHO what makes it easy to write and parse
Smalltalk code and actually get it "right" the first time.
I never got even a part of the rules in C/C++ into my head. :)

The sacrifice of mathematical "correctness" is IMO a small price to pay
for such clarity that Smalltalk has.

regards, Göran