Building the VM got easier? 64 bit ready?

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 22 19:48:31 UTC 2005

Am 22.09.2005 um 21:31 schrieb tim Rowledge:

> On 22-Sep-05, at 12:01 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:
>

>> This seems to have two implications, both of which are news to me:
>> * 64 bit squeak is buildable and operational
>> * current svn head and latest VMMaker get you there.
>>
>> Are either of those interpretations correct?
>>

> Almost. The SVN head and _very_ latest VMM (37?) PLUS a couple of
> image tweaks that are awaiting inclusion in the 3.8 update stream

We need to find a solution for managing 3.8 soon... I personally just
can't do anything there, I will have to focus on 3.9a.
(The changes are in 3.9a already, so they are getting tested).

The question is: Is there anyone interested in a continued 3.8
bugfixing up to the extend that he would be willing to invest into it?

     Marcus