Is a SkyHook Safe[Re: Is Set growth thread-safe?]

jwalsh at bigpond.net.au jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 23 20:56:49 UTC 2005

I strongly object to that remark Rado.

I do not troll, I target a very specific problem, which very few on this list will take seriously, and I stick to it, until I get an answer.
Personal insults will not drive me from the issue.
I have always strongly defended my point of few, which I believe to be relevant to the very survival and or success of Smalltalk80.
If you do not have an answer to my question, then why make a comment at all.
Snide remarks from the gallary, is in fact a very old, and nasty tactic.
You have the choice Rado to ingnore the topic and move on.

I do not deny that my comments are NOT targeted at Programming, but at Design.

Smalltalk is an IDE, not a just a Language, there is Development too.
In fact IDE does not even refer to a specific Language at all.
Development covers a wide spectrum from the IDEA to Implementation.
Last but not least it is supposed to be Integrated.

Integration is the very thing which is threatened by the extreme OPEN factions.
It is impossible to programm your way out of a mess.
Design it out.

I consider Programming per se to be the skill equivalent of laying bricks.
Bricklayers don't necessarily Design nor do they Architect houses.
The same applies for Computer Systems.
The number of Computer Assisted Design systems available, is few.
But Languages? there are hundreds and growing by the day.
Just take a look at Wikipedia "hello world" and you will see what I mean.
I'll leave it at that