[Q] Why FillInTheBlank is not enough Smart ?

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sat Sep 24 15:30:28 UTC 2005

On 9/23/05, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> You must do
> | unNumero |
> unNumero  :=(FillInTheBlankMorph request: 'Ingrese un número ') asNumber.
> unNumero inspect.

What would you wish the FillInTheBlankMorph to do differently? If you
would like it to recognize when a text string converts to a Float and
do that conversion automatically in that case, you could easily make a
subclass of it. ("FloatInTheBlankMorph"?) But please don't change the
behavior of FillInTheBlankMorph in an incompatible way, because
someone else may wish to distinguish inputs of '255', '255.0',
'255.000', '16rFF', '255 ', and many others from one another.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your request. Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix