Keyboard bindings

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Sep 30 10:14:21 UTC 2005

Romain Robbes wrote:
> some people still need it).  I'd really like to remove the mode,
> but finding a good keystroke+clicking combination is tough. The same
> thing applies to keyboard shortcuts by the way.

How might we *emacsify* the keyboard bindings?

One of my favourite things about emacs is being able to

(defun word-count nil "Count words in buffer"
   (interactive)
   (shell-command-on-region (point-min) (point-max) "wc -w"))

...and, by virtue of the "(interactive)" subform, my brand new function
is suddenly available for user-configurable keybinding and/or execution
via M-x.

How can we do a similar thing in Squeak?

Could method annotations help here?

Regards,
   Tony