A first integration of Roel Typer in Squeak

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Sep 30 18:19:20 UTC 2005

> Yes, and completion as well ... we were just talking with Stef this
> afternoon about all this neat pieces of code we have
> and that we could bind together.
>
> In services I use a modified version of the RB's parser that can
> deal with some of the syntax errors, so it could possibly be used
> in this context, and hence form a nice basis of an integration of
> syntax highlighting and completion.
>
> Romain

Yes

StarBrowser smartcategory
Whisker multiple methods
eCompletion
Shout
SmallBrother (to spy what the programmer is doing in VW we could port
that to Squeak)
EventNotification
RoelTyper

I think that
                         "Living IDEs: a New generation of Programmer-
aware Environments"

could be a really interesting PhD topic

I always thought with roel that we do not use the fact that we have
an image. I could browse
a class and the system would remember how I browsed it the last time
and how all the other programmer
browsed it.

Then I could have browser that would reveal classes gradually (there
were a lot of discussion long time ago)
We thought about the idea of the King Class = focus of attention and
Court all the contributing classes
and these classes would be privileged when browsing....
If you want to give a try, I'm sure that we can write papers and
experiments on that :)

Stef