VM states for ubuntu integration

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Apr 1 03:44:43 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:47:15AM -0800, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> No, I think there are 64 bit images because everything would now be
> using 64 bits instead of 32 (not surprisingly).  As I recall, you can of
> course make a 64 bit image out of a 32 bit image using a 64 bit
> SystemTracer but that's probably not something you'd want to do during
> an ubuntu install...

Definitely not.  Don't worry about the 64 bit images, just stick with the
normal 32 bit images, which are fully portable across all hardware platforms.

The 64 bit system tracer does not work on little-endian machines (Intel)
and AFIK actual 64 bit images are not being actively used or maintained
at the moment.

Dave