SUnit: Skipping tests?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:41:04 UTC 2006

> I have to agree on that, it is much easier the way you propose...

Gosh, really? I didn't yet brought up the best argument ... ;-)

Imagine several packages with tests being categorized as
#architectureTests and #integrationTests. Now not all the developers
want to always load all the packages (e.g. maybe packages provide
extensions you don't need in your particular image, or there are extra
packages of other people not under your control). Defining a global
method returning all the #architecutreTests simply doesn't work with
such a setup, querying meta information of methods however does. This
is exactly the problem I was confronted with when developing
Magritte/Pier, and this is the reason why I implemented and itroduced
MethodAnnotations for Squeak 3.9.

Thanks for the interesting discussion!

Cheers,
Lukas