[ANN] Self-bootstrapping environment for Squeak 3.9a

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 1 15:14:33 UTC 2006

Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> Smalltalk condenseChanges
>
> This step is necessary because of limitation of maximal changes file
> size. Condensing of changes files doesn't work well because it corrupts
> the methods that contains WideStrings. So you have to load file
> UTF8Patch.1.cs.
The UTF8Patch works fine.
Squeak3.9a-6719.changes.old is 20.3 mb  and Squeak3.9a-6719.changes 16.5

> This image detaches GUI and model of changes so it contains new class
> named ChangesOrganizer. It has to be loaded before bootstrapping and
> it's included in ChangesOrganizer.st.
>
> Then load Bootstrap.st. This file contains bootstrapping tools.
>
> The source codes of bootstrapped image are included in Mirrors.cs. The
>
> For opening of the console evaluate "Bootstrap start". In the console
> evaluate command "Bootstrap revert". This commnad will merge mirrors of
> classes, then it removes unnecessary classes including mirrors and
> recompiles whole image.

Follow this step by step, I do a save a new version for having
Squeak3.9a-6719.1.image, just in case

But when I do Bootstrap revert I have again the same as while ago.
I attach the pict.

No SqueakDebug.log in my default folder what I could send also.

Any ideas ?

Edgar