New SqueakMap

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Apr 3 18:41:45 UTC 2006

Hi!

Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at squeakland.org> wrote:
>   Göran,
>
>   It sounds like you took a path to use StandardFileStream
> explicitly...  To me, the "correct" way to fix is to send #binary and
> #text property.  It would be nice if we can get rid of
> StandardFileStream (or rename MultiByteFileStream to
> StandardFileStream)...
>
> -- Yoshiki

Code that works "properly" in 3.5-3.9 is welcome, perhaps it is
"trivial" I don't know - I just took the "cheap way out". :)

I am frankly a bit pressed to get this thing out and don't want to delay
it further. But I understand that I am "cheating" and I promise in any
case to take a second look for the next release, ok? :)

It's just that it seems to work now and I don't want to muddle it up
again.

regards, Göran