BookMorph prompt

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 3 19:26:33 UTC 2006

Hi Robert,

My answer with Sophie was more meant as a reply to Stef's
"we need to rewrite BookMorph", not your original Mail...

> Is Sophie a candidate to replace the role of BookMorph within the
> Morphic environment?

No, Sophie replaces Morphic (it's build on top of Tweak, but afaic
it re-implements all the widgets... which is supposed to be quite
nice stuff..).

> I've not seen any contextual mention of Morphic when I've looked
> for info about Sophie, so is it meaningful to suggest that Sophie
> will fit in there?  Or if it is meaningful, is there any analysis
> about
> the what, the when, the who and the how?
>
> In the meantime the Morphic/EToys end of things needs to be kept
> tidy, as was the original point this topic title.

I can't help it, but reading "tidy" in the context of Morphic...
"semantic
mismatch" ;-) Tidy it is not.

But you are right that, as long as Morphic is what we use, we should
try to fix everything we can.

For 3.9, we have lookend into fixing bugs, and we improved performanc
of Morphic a lot (> factor 1.6). Even the Sophie hackers are using
Morphic
for development, and making opening a browser faster by 0.5 seconds
does add up over the years ;-)

> (The bug is not a thing I could easilty fix, so I have to ask.)

This was about an old server entry? Should be simple to fix.
Did you add a bug report to the bugtracker?

      Marcus