Semantics of Set>>new in Squeak 3.9 -- To initialize or not to initialize?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Tue Apr 4 21:14:02 UTC 2006

Le Mardi 04 Avril 2006 22:50, vous avez écrit :
> nicolas
>
> is the init: -> initialize calls works in your image. Just alwasy
> cautious with those stuff.
> Andreas was really surprise that squeak woudl continue to work and
> not dead slow when I introduce in my image
> super new initialize :) but we cannot be that lucky all the time

The change was not harmfull : so far i can browse compile open method finders
etc...

But the #init: change is really simple, nothing comparable with putting
initialize as a default in the whole image.

However, i did not check that the change set has been filedOut with the
correct order, and i should have tested in a new image before publishing...
Ah, looking at the cs, it does not seem to be in the right order, sorry...
I will publish a corrected cs.

Maybe the file out could be sorted by method modification time (it would solve
at least simple cases).

Nicolas