Updating a hierarchical list...

Elod Kironsky kironsky at grisoft.cz
Wed Apr 5 12:38:48 UTC 2006

Hi!

I am developing a hierarchical browser of hetergoenous objects (e.g.
objects of different classes). I am using an AbstractHiererachicalList
with a SimpleHierarchicalListMorph. The problem is, that if I add a new
item into the list, it does not update itself and I must manually toggle
the tree of the list to see the new item. I found out, that calling self
list: (self model getList) perfectly updates the whole list and keeps
the expanded trees expanded. The problem is, that the objects inside the
list have no reference to the list itself so I cannot use the above
call. Can anyone help? Is there a default mechanism to solve this
problem, or it has to be implemented by an EventHandler?

Thanks in advance,

Elod