[MC] Disabling overrides?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 17:40:09 UTC 2006

One was something along the lines of:
- Load package A
- Load package B that has an override in A
- Check package A for changes (there are none)
- Publish package A
- Start over, load package A
- Note that the overridden methods are gone
With a few additional twists and permutations of updating individual
packages in the mean time.

The other one was along the lines of:
- Load package A
- Load package B that has overrides
- Note that some stuff in package A is broken
- Check package A for changes (there are none)
- Wonder WTF is going on...

I think this is partly an awareness issue. To me, it's equally important
to know whether a package has been modified by an override or whether it
has been modified by changing code otherwise. The assumption that a
package remains unchanged by an override is just plain wrong.

   - A.