CR LF Problem in Windows XP

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Apr 5 18:23:53 UTC 2006

  Ron,

> Don't you think it should set this automatically for Windows systems?  The
> method I would like to see is 'this/that' withCRs toFilename: 'test.txt'.
> Or (Array with: this with: that) toFilename: 'test.txt'.  It should set
> #crlf automatically for windows systems.

  Ah, no, I don't think so.  In general, any data that Squeak stores
should be platform independent, and should stick to the Squeak's
convention.  Squeak happens to have chosen #cr as the line end
convention for it, so we should stick to it on any platform.  Think
about the fileouts.  You won't be able to send code around easily.

  On this one, it should do smart things only when the user requests.

-- Yoshiki