[MC] Overrides and condenseChanges?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Apr 5 20:02:32 UTC 2006

On 5-Apr-06, at 12:39 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Brent Pinkney wrote:
>> When I evaluate 'Smalltalk condenseSources' I get a DNU which can
>> be traced to the following line in #condenseSources:
>
> Yeah, I see. This one is fairly easy to fix (and I'll bite my
> tongue about SystemDictionary vs. SmalltalkImage) but there seems
> to be another problem which bothers me a lot more.
>
> Running condenseSources, I end up with a warning that the limit of
> the sources file is being reached (during the process) and indeed
> the sources file says it's >32MB. However, if I simply file out all
> classes I end up with an 18MB file overall. Not sure what this is
> but it's very, very troubling.
I don't suppose that the method sources are being (re)written to the
*old* source files, possibly as well as to the new one? Just a
possibility raised by the surprising size of the file....

Alternatively, it isn't some artifact of multibytefilethingummy
writing the source in UTF-16 or whatever?

tim
Strange OpCodes: CCC: Crash if Carry Clear