A Possibly Interesting Link

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Apr 6 08:28:26 UTC 2006

Andreas replied...

>On Windows with Firefox all I get is a page saying:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
><jnlp spec="1.0+"
></jnlp>

and Avi added...

>Me too on Safari.  But I can just download the .jar file mentioned and run it, and it works fine.  Cool!

I don't know what the problem is.  On my Mac, in Safari it downloads the jnlp file, then launches, and in Firefox, it launches straight off.

Sounds like I haven't done an adequate job of setting mime types on the server (not my expertise), and somehow my Mac is helping out with its own beliefs about .jnlp.

	- Dan