FixUnderscores fixed (was Re: New SqueakMap on the air... and we got problems Houston!)

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Fri Apr 7 13:32:59 UTC 2006

Am 07.04.2006 um 09:00 schrieb goran at krampe.se:

> Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>> goran at krampe.se wrote:
>
>>> But I can clean those underscores up of course, anyone got a nice
>>> script
>>> that *works* :) to do that?
>>
>> Oh, I am *very* confident that I have thoroughly debugged Bert's
>> script.
>
> Neato. Btw, the method in which I discovered that it had messed up my
> literals (in an array) I also noted it had changed the underscores
> inside the method comment. Or at least I think it had, can't swear
> on my
> laptop though. ;)

It simply does a text search-and-replace of '_' to ':=', skipping
methods which have literal underscores. It failed to look deeply
inside Array literals, though.

FixUnderscores-bf.8 from http://source.impara.de/underscore.html has
the fix for that. It will still replace underscores in comments
(unless there is a literal underscore in the method, too).

- Bert -