A Possibly Interesting Link

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Sat Apr 8 17:57:11 UTC 2006

Hi Dan,

> For a good time, try...

>	http://Weather-Dimensions.com/Dan/ForwardToThePast.jnlp

	As most others, I had to steal the jar ;-)

> It may take a while.  Much remains to be done, but there's enough to
> play with.  I get terrible screen updating, but I think it's a
> peculiarity of Java AWT on my Mac.   Use quit with no save to exit.

> I'd like to hear whether it works or doesn't for you (you'll know),
> and what browser, platform, and OS you used.  Maybe take it offline
> if it starts to be a lot of traffic on the list.

	On my Windows 2003 Server and latest Java (J2SE 5.0 Update 6)
	the ENTER key does not work.

	I found your work on ForwardToThePast admirable in many
	different ways. It is very interesting to see a Smalltalk VM
	running on top of another (one or two ;-) VM.

	Congratulations and please keep up with the good work.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo

	P.S: 	I think you are right, Java is a bit of the past now
	(clja is quite boring these days while the Guy's at Sun are busy
	building their Fortress ;-)