Numerics question: reading floating point constants

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sun Apr 9 20:09:30 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

here is a first version of the promised test cases.
Examples 4, 5 and 6 illustrate open problems.
I think that I will have to spend more time to find
better solutions, but I want to show you some
problems now. Also I think that tomorrow I
should prepare a Mantis report.

(Example 4 is related to the writing form of a
ScaledDecimal; in 3.9 we fail to read  constants
like
   123s    123.0s
which, to the best of my knowledge, are mentioned
in the ANSI standard. At least they were mentioned
in several drafts.)

Examples 5 and 6 check whether extremely long
entier and fractional parts are handled in a clever way.

Greetings,
Boris