[GRR] OutOfScopeNotification catching caught me

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Apr 10 09:55:50 UTC 2006

> Thanks Stef for this kind mail,
> I'd rather see my work so far limited to minor bugs and
> unconsistencies
> tracking as the labour of an ant in the squeak colony.

but ant step and important.
And may be from time to time a big rewrite :)

> But if that can be usefull to higher value added packages, i am happy.
>
> Squeak, if not the top cleanest smalltalk implementation, is not
> bad at all.
> It is highly usable as proven by all these nice projects.
> I understand how vast the task of maintaining it is for (crazy?)
> guys like
> you... So many thanks to all of you, and take the [GRR] as a trait
> of humour,
> in no way something agressive.

Sure I could far more aggressive than that :)

> We should all support you in trying to make Squeak built on clean,
> consistent
> and not too big basis. Doing so, we are helping ourselves for the
> future.
>
> I put the OutOfScope Pb at http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3448
> So maybe should any related discussion continue there.

Yes but this is really important to see the discussion also in the
mailing-list.
Also do not hesitate to raise the issue or fixes that are pending to
be harvested
because mantis is not transparent to me.

Stef