[ANN] New microworld + Extra chapters for the BotsInc environment

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:15:25 UTC 2006

>I also released some advanced drafts
> of chapters describing this microworld and also some really fun chapters
> for BotsInc. I hope to find some money to ask a professional to
> proofread them. For now they are given for free as they are. I plan to
> give them for free in the future too.

Hi Stef,

This is great news :)

You can maybe look for one of the Creative Commons license:
http://creativecommons.org/

I bought around 10 books which are also available online under a Creative
Commons license.

For a book it makes sens : nobody likes to read a full book online and if
they  have the money it's a service they're glad to pay for (well, I do).
And the most people can access your book and "spread" it, the better is the
probability people buy it. Some editors are actualy looking very closely to
this model.

Another thing to explore maybe is LuLu where you can also choose the license
of your book.

"The world's fastest-growing producer of print-on-demand books, *Lulu*.com,
> has announced plans for five new European sites as part of its global
> expansion.

"The five new sites, to be phased in, will be in Germany, France, Italy,
> Spain and Holland.
>
> More than 1,000 new titles a week are now published on *Lulu*.
>
> That is more than twice the combined output of North America's 10 largest
> traditional publishers."

cheers

francois