The Timing of Time

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Apr 13 07:08:12 UTC 2006

Hi!

"Alan Lovejoy" <squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net> wrote:
> Since some of you seem to like benchmarks, you might be interested in my
> recent blog post, where I present benchmars comparing the Squeak version of
> Chronos to Squeak's native Chronology package:
> http://chronos-st.blogspot.com/2006/04/timing-of-time-chronos-benchmarks.html
>
> --Alan

Impressive. I also read your page about the Squeak version - really
informative and impressive too.

So... what is your opinion on what we should do to make the choice easy?
I noticed you wrote about convenience methods etc.

In an ideal world we would be able to just "pick and choose" between
Chronology and Chronos, but I simply don't have enough knowledge to
judge the feasibility and/or work involved to make that a reality.

regards, Göran

PS. But I do think the official Squeak should make a choice - there
should be a "Squeak standard". And of course, we did that pretty
recently - Chronology. Would be interesting to hear more about
pros/cons. :)